Vocational Training Authority of Sri Lanka
To be the most dynamic and innovative vocational training provider in Sri Lanka, catering to the global employment market.
To facilitate the fulfilment of the global skilled employment demand by developing competencies in individuals through modern methods and technologies in vocational training and education. We realize this mission by setting the highest standards in our services and facilities while focusing on employability trends in the world of work.
- Formulation and providing vocational training programs to youth and make them competent with various trades.
- Provide accessibility to youth by establishing vocational training centers in rural areas.
- Conduct trainer training programs to deliver the vocational training effectively and efficiently.
- Conduct competency based assessments / final assessments, issue National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) certificates and other certificates.
- Provide career guidance and counselling to school leavers and other youth.
- Flexibility to change
- Align with skill needs
- Striving to achieve excellence
- Being responsible and accountable at all levels
- Commitment to highest Quality and Integrity
- Team Spirit
- Being honest,punctual and sensitive to humanitarian concerns
- Being committed to continuous growth towards satisfaction for trainees and other stakeholders
- Provide vocational training to students by conducting vocational training programs through island-wide centres.
- Conduct trade tests, final assessments and issue National Vocational Qualification certificates through TVEC.
- Conduct various research programs on vocational training.
- Conduct career guidance and counselling programs.
- Conduct trainer training programs to deliver the vocational training efficiently and effectively.
- Facilitate the youth who have undergone vocational training to engaged with employment opportunities or to start their own business.