About the Institute
The Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing (SLIM) is the apex body for Sri Lankan Marketers, which was founded in 1970 and subsequently incorporated by an act of Parliament in 1980, recognizing it as the National Body for Marketing and a ‘not-for-profit’ organization.
We are mandated to uplift the Marketing profession in Sri Lanka, thus providing Marketing studies and conducting many National level events and projects. SLIM is governed by a Council of Management and an Executive Committee headed by a President and comprising of professionals from numerous industries in an honorary capacity. We take pride in organizing National level events consecutively on an annual basis, which are popular among the Sri Lankan corporates and public alike.
With the vision of leading the nation’s efforts towards economic prosperity and the mission of establishing Marketing as the driving force to enhance business and national value, SLIM actively promotes Marketing as an essential business philosophy to facilitate the mission of establishing Marketing as the driving force which enhances business and national value alike.
SLIM unfolds many important national level events annually such as the SLIM Brand Excellence Awards in recognition of brands on a national level, SLIM – Nielsen People’s Awards with the true representation of the pulse of the people, NASCO (National Sales Congress), making a revolution in the structure and platform of Sales Management in Sri Lanka, Marketing Roks, which prepares the younger generation to face the challenges of the corporate world with greater confidence, dedication and integrity, the Effie Awards, covering the effectiveness of Advertising and ‘Gamata’ Marketing, aiming to identify and uplift SMEs’ in the rural areas along with the tool of Marketing in order to enhance the value proposition of their final products and their living standards.
"To Lead the Nation’s Efforts towards Economic Prosperity."
"To Establish Marketing as the Driving Force Which Enhances Business and National Value."
- To contribute within the area of our professional competence to the economic growth of the country
- To foster the development, growth and wider acceptance of Marketing as a key management function
- To provide a professional forum to its members
- To advise and assist in the formation, implementation and appraisal of national policies on any matter connected with Marketing, both within Sri Lanka and abroad
- To suggest and promote legislative action in the sphere of Marketing to serve the best interest of the country
- To promote, maintain and uphold professional and ethical principles and standards in the practice of Marketing in Sri Lanka