Professional Certificate In Fashion Entrepreneurship
To introduce a participant to the fashion industry, fashion concepts, fashion trends and train them to take the first steps of becoming a fashion entrepreneur. The course will give equal importance to fashion design and management concepts
Syllabus / Content
- Introduction to the fashion business, Fashion Entrepreneurship and process.
- Introduction to business, Business Management concepts,
- Starting a business venture, Business plan
- Running a fashion business, Challenges and Barriers
- Marketing and Financial Management concepts
- Product and image development, Understanding the fashion year plan.
- Introduction to Designing and sampling a collection
- Sourcing fabrics, Working with manufacturers
- Costing and pricing, Accounting basics, Understanding balance sheets and profit and loss statements
- Selling a fashion (garment / accessory) collection, Marketing and promotion.
Students who has completed GCE (O/L) and/or GCE (A/L) and willing to seek a position in the fashion industry
Fee & Funding
Assignments - 40% (Continuous Assessment) and Final Project/Examination – 60%
Lectures & Practicals
Fridays (9 am – 4 pm)