Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Networks
NSBM’s concern for conducting this programme in Computer Network emerged from the appreciation of a responsibility to offer a state of the art technical education to the industry practitioners. This also needs to be seen as the critical and continuing effort by NIBM (National Institute of Business Management) to qualify the computer network professionals within organizations, one of the major agenda of our time.
- This course facilitate to fill the increasing demand in current industry to pursue postgraduate level qualifications. This programme examines principles, design, implementation, and performance or computer networks.
- A focus will be placed on wireless networking, reflecting rapid advances in this area.
- Students may formulate their own final projects based on their interests and background.
- The course will be conducted in a more seminar-like manner than lectures, but will have a more formal schedule.
- Computer Network Design
- Network Models and TCP/IPv6
- Routing and Switching
- Network Planning Implementing and Administration
- Voice and Telephony Technologies
- Wireless Communication
- Service Provider Networks
- Network Operations
- Network Security
- Disaster Recovery and High availability Techniques
- Final Network project (Individual)
A student must possess at least one on the following requirements to enter to the program
- A Degree in computer/engineering/physical science obtained from a recognized university/Institution OR
- A Degree in other Discipline obtained from a recognized university/Institution with one (01) year post qualifying working experience in executive capacity OR
- Professional qualification from a recognized professional body acceptable to the Governing Body of the National Institute of Business Management with a minimum of two (02) years post qualifying working experience in executive capacity OR
- A Diploma obtained from a recognized University/Institute acceptable to the Governing Board of the National School of Business Management with three (03) years post qualifying working experience in executive capacity OR
- Minimum of 05 years sustained work experience in a Managerial Level in a recognized institution (Government or Private). Subjected to the approval of the Academic Governing Council of NSBM.
Fee & Funding
For Local Students:
- Course Fee : LKR 200,000 (100,000 x 2)
- Registration Fee : LKR 10,000
- Library Fee : LKR 5,000
Mr. Saliya Patabandi
Phone: 011 544 6029