Pearson BTEC HND in Mechanical Engineering
The Mechanical Engineering programme has been carefully designed with a heavy emphasis on Manufacturing and Production Engineering and Technologies. Many Mechanical Engineers join production and manufacturing industry; work in the thermal power plants; engage in design and maintenance of industrial equipment and machinery, heating and cooling systems for a range of industrial and commercial applications; all sorts of vehicular systems such as automobiles, aircrafts and watercrafts; and robotics. Modern day Mechanical engineers are heavily involved in the fields of automation, mechatronics, and nanotechnology.
This Higher National Diploma programmeis mapped and approved by Kingston University London and equivalent to the first two years of BEng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering programme. Students can get the internationally recognized Pearson (EdexcelUK) qualification after completing this 18 months (full-time)program. The course contains 19 modules, design projects and attractive industrial training. Student friendly, readily available academic staff is available to provide extra support to the students.
After completion of Pearson BTEC HND in Mechanical Engineering programme, students would qualify to enroll into the final year of BEng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering degree programme offered by Kingston University London.
- G.C.E. A/L (Local), London A/L, IB (International Baccalaureate) or equivalent in Mathematics Stream + Minimum Credit Pass in English at G.C.E O/L Examination.
- A recognised Diploma or equivalent vocational qualification in the relevant field + Minimum Credit Pass in English at G.C.E O/L Examination.
- Industry employees who has at least 5 or more years of working experience with a good command of English.
- A globally recognised qualification (Level 5, BTEC Higher National Diploma-
- comprises with 300 credits)
- Equivalent to 1st and 2nd years of a BritishHonours Degree
- Highly qualified and experienced lecturer panel
- Flexible Payment Plans
- Cutting edge curriculum catering to industry demand
- No Exams – only assignments
- Be competitive in the job market
- Friendly and supportive learning environment
Direct entry to the final year of BEng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering degree programme of Kingston University London recognized by UGC, Sri Lanka.