Pearson BTEC HND in Construction & the Built Environment (Quantity Surveying)
A quantity surveyor (QS) is a professional working within the construction industry concerned with construction costs and contracts. Services provided by a quantity surveyor may include: Cost planning and commercial management throughout the entire life cycle of the project from inception to post-completion. In a nutshell, a quantity surveyor is an individual who works in the construction industry and is primarily concerned with all the costs related to civil engineering projects. A quantity surveyor will manage the project from its initial calculations to the final numbers.
This course is mapped and approved by Kingston University London and equivalent to the first two years of BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying programme. Students can get the internationally recognized Pearson (EdexcelUK) qualification after completing this 18 months (full-time)programme. The course contains 17 modules, design projects and attractive industrial training (optional). Student friendly, readily available academic staff is available to provide extra support to the students.
After completion of Pearson BTEC HND in Quantity Surveyingprogramme, students would qualify to enroll into the final year of BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying degree programme offered by Kingston University London.
You are suitable for this programme if you have any of the following qualifications
- G.C.E. A/L (Local), London A/L, IB (International Baccalaureate) or equivalent+ Minimum Credit Pass in English at G.C.E O/L Examination.
- A recognized Diploma or equivalent vocational qualification in the relevant field + Minimum Credit Pass in English at G.C.E O/L Examination.
- Industry employees who has at least 5 or more years of working experience with a good command of English.
- A globally recognised qualification (Level 5, BTEC Higher National Diploma- comprises with 240 credits)
- A globally recognised qualification (Level 5, BTEC Higher National Diploma- comprises with240 credits)
- Equivalent to 1st and 2nd years of a British Honours Degree
- Highly qualified and experienced lecturer panel
- Flexible Payment Plans
- Cutting edge curriculum catering to industry demand
- No Exams – only assignments
- Be competitive in the job market
- Friendly and supportive learning environment
- Direct entry to the final year of BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying degree programme of Kingston University London recognized by UGC, Sri Lanka.