Pearson BTEC HND in Construction & the Built Environment (Civil Engineering)
Civil engineering covers almost everything in the world. It focuses on the design, construction and maintenance of artificially and naturally built environments which encompass much of what comprise the modern civilization. It has many carrier sub-disciplines such as structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, water resource engineering, environmental engineering, construction engineering, coastal engineering, material science and engineering, transportation engineering, earthquake engineering and project management. This program provides educational, research, industrial and professional experience to learners in order to build leading careers in the Civil Engineering industry, contributing to the development of the industry locally and internationally. Thus, you can be a part of building a better future with becoming a Civil Engineer.
This course is recognized by Kingston University London and equivalent to the first two years of BEng (Hons) in Civil and Infrastructure Engineering programme at Kingston University London. Students can earn an internationally recognized Pearson (Edexcel UK) qualification after completing this 18 months (full-time) program. The course contains 19 learning modules, a design project and an internship in a civil engineering organization. Student friendly academic staff is available to provide extra support to the students.
After completion of Pearson BTEC HND in Construction and the Built Environment (Civil Engineering) programme, students would qualify to enroll for the final year of BEng (Hons) in Civil and Infrastructure Engineering degree programme of Kingston University London.
- G.C.E. A/L (Local), London A/L, IB (International Baccalaureate) or equivalent in Mathematics Stream + Minimum Credit Pass in English at G.C.E O/L Examination
- A recognized Diploma or equivalent vocational qualification in the relevant field + Minimum Credit Pass in English at G.C.E O/L Examination.
- Industry employees who has at least 5 or more years of working experience with a good proficiency of English.
- A globally recognised qualification (Level 5, BTEC Higher National Diploma- comprises of 300 credits)
- Equivalent to 1st and 2nd years of a British Honours Degree
- Highly qualified and experienced lecturer panel
- Flexible payment plans
- Cutting edge curriculum catering to industry demand
- No Exams – only assignments
- Be competitive in the job market
- Friendly and supportive learning environment
- Direct entry to the final year of BEng (Hons) in Civil and Infrastructure Engineering degree programme of Kingston University London recognized by UGC, Sri Lanka.