Master of Arts in Teaching Literature in a Second Language Context
Applications are invited for the above programme of study to be conducted by the Postgraduate Instituteof English (PGIE), the Open University of Sri Lanka (OUSL).
Who is this program for?
- Teachers of English language and literature seeking to improve their skills and understanding of literature
- Those seeking a formal qualification in literary studies
- Those who teach literature but have limited formal training
- Anyone seeking a deeper and richer engagement with literature, critical literary reading, literary theory and the theory and practice of teaching literature
Programme Category :
Conducted by :
Postgraduate Institute of English
- A four (04) year Bachelor’s degree in English and/or English Language Teaching, OR
- A three (03) year Bachelor’s degree in Arts with English as a subject and at least 02 (two) years’ experience in English Literature or Language teaching, OR
- A three (03) year Bachelor’s degree in the English medium and a minimum of three (03) years’ experience in teaching English Literature at G.C.E. O/L or A/L or equivalent standard at a recognized institution, OR
- An equivalent or higher qualification acceptable to the Senate of the Open University of Sri Lanka,
Entry to the programme: Successful performance at the Entry Test
All applicants must sit the Entry Test. Only those who PASS the Test will be eligible to register for the MA in TLSC.
The Entry Test will be conducted on Saturday 15th September, 2018 at the Examination Center specified in the Admission Card issued together with the Application Form.
Note: Students may opt to exit the programme with a Postgraduate Diploma.
Obtaining Application Forms
A limited number of Application Forms will be issued on a first come-first served basis from 16th july 2018 to 7th september 2018 between 9.00 a.m. and 3.00 p.m. on all week days excepting Public holidays.
Application Forms can be obtained, EITHER by calling over personally at the PGIE, Nawala, Nugegoda on or before 7th September, 2018 OR by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope 25x20c.m. in size to reach the Institute on or before 31th August, 2018.
Please pay Rs. 1,000/- to the following Account Number of the People’s Bank, Nugegoda and bring the customer copy when you come to get the Application form or attach the customer copy with the self addressed stamped envelope. The payment of the Application fee of Rs. 1,000/- could be made at any major branch of the People’s Bank. The Applicant’s name and National Identity Card No. should be indicated clearly on the Deposit Slip.
Account No.: 174-100-246-838310
Name of Account Holder: Postgraduate Institute of English
The duly completed Application Forms should be forwarded to the Senior AssistantRegistrar, Postgraduate Institute of English, OpenUniversity of Sri Lanka, P.O. Box 21, Nawala, Nugegodaby Registered Post to reachon or before 11thNovember, 2016.
For further information please contact the Senior Assistant Registrar/PGIE
|Senior Assistant Registrar,Postgraduate Institute of English, Open University of Sri Lanka,P.O. Box 21, Nawala,Nugegoda|