MA in Education
This prestigious master’s programme is offered exclusively through Gateway Graduate School (GGS) in Sri Lanka by the University of Nottingham, ranked 25th in the world and 4th in the UK for the subjects of Education and Training by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS), the premier ranking system for international higher education institutions. Overall, the University of Nottingham, which is a Russell Group and research-led university in the UK, is in the top 1% of the universities worldwide.
The modules are taught by the fly-in faculty of the Malaysia Campus of the university. The programme is suitable to a broad range of audiences including educational administrators and managers, training professionals, HR practitioners, higher education lecturers and school teachers. The programme, although demanding, is designed to meet the requirements of busy working professionals as it combines intensive cohort-based face-to-face teaching with that of online learning support from the academics of the University of Nottingham.
Following are the key features of the Nottingham MA in Education programme:
- Enables learners to contextualise learning to suit their professional needs
- Investigates contemporary issues in education, training and learning development in a broad sense by considering relevant socio-economic factors
- Deepens and refines capacity for critical reflection and practice
- Provides scope to explore the imperative topics of equity, diversity and flexibility according to the requirements of individuals and organizations
- Facilitates international networking opportunities with world-class scholars and professionals
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME AND INTAKES
The duration will be 20 – 24 months of part-time studies
There will be one intake every year in December
Candidates must meet one of the following requirements:
- GGS’s Pearson BTEC Level 5 Professional Diploma in Advanced Teaching with one year’s relevant work experience
- A relevant undergraduate qualification from an accredited university equivalent to a British second class honours degree.
The University of Nottingham, which will award the MA in Education qualification, is an accredited public university in the UK. It is also a member of the prestigious Russell Group of Universities in the UK, which comprises institutions such as the University of Oxford, the University of Cambridge and University College London. The University of Nottingham is recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of Sri Lanka since it is listed in the Commonwealth Universities Yearbook and the International Handbook of Universities