Foundation in Information Technology
The IT Foundation pathway at GTC is ideal if you plan to go on to study computer science, software engineering or IT related courses at higher level. The programme includes units in web design, programming and business as well as the core foundation modules.
Foundation in Information Technology is to provide learners with an excellent foundation for a career in a range of organisations. It is designed to ensure that each learner is ‘business ready’: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of Information Technology, and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change. The qualification is ideal for those who have started, or are planning to move into, a career in private or public sector business. Successful completion of the Foundation in Information Technology will provide learners with the opportunity to progress to further study or employment.
- Traditional Entry Criteria
- Passed 5 subjects at O/L including Maths & English
- Alternative Entry Criteria
- Recognition of Prior learning that is acceptable to academic board
- A very good command of English Language in reading, writing and speaking is required to successfully complete this program.
- Students whose medium of primary and secondary education is not English, should either obtain an IELTS Score of 6.00 or any other proof of proficiency of English Language acceptable to the academic board
All candidates are selected through an interview.
Cluster discounts available upon introducing 5 students (including yourself) to the organization.