Diploma In Web Engineering (Dip.WEng)
Aim of the Course
The aim of this program is toprepare the students to a practical environment of web applications engineering letting them to leading the critical expertise.
This course intentions to introduce the methods and techniques used in Web-based system development such as Fundamentals of ICT, End User Applications, Visual Programming, Graphic Designing & Multimedia, Web Designing & Development, Employability, Web Technologies, Active Server Pages (ASP), Web Hosting and Maintenance Techniques .
In contrast to traditional Software Engineering efforts, Web Engineering methods and techniques must incorporate unique aspects of the problem domain such as: document oriented delivery, fine-grained lifecycles, user-centric development, client-server legacy system integration and diverse end user skill levels.
This course draws upon previous programming and computing experience to develop practical web development and maintenance skills. This course is intended for students with knowledge of both Internet communication concepts and an introductory programming knowledge.
This diploma is to provide an entry-level qualification for those students who are seeking a career in web engineering. The learning outcomes of the programme includes the following;
- Understand the evolution of Computer Systems and the use of a Personal Computer in a network environment
- Understand the main components of a Computer System and how they are integrated to work as a system
- Acquire basic skills to install, configure and gain knowledge to do further studies in computer architecture and operating systems
- Compare and contrast the features of peripheral devices and internal memory units of a Computer System
- Describe at a broader level on computer networks
- Explain the fundamentals of the Internet and World Wide Web
- Explain the fundamentals of Web Technologies and Web Engineering
- Use HTML, CSS and related Technologies to design and develop web pages
- Explain the use of PHP/ My SQL and Adobe software for web development
- Explain in a broader level features of ASP.Net and C#
- Understand the practical aspects of Web hosting and Web maintenance.
Unit - 1: Fundamentals of ICT (Part – 1)
Unit - 2: Introduction to Web Designing & Development
Unit - 3: Fundamentals of Graphic Designing & Multimedia
Unit - 4: Introduction to Web Technologies & Engineering
Unit - 5: Web Design Principles using HTML/CSS/Java Script
Unit - 6: Web Development using PHP/MySQL
Unit - 7: Web Development using Java Platform (JSP)
Unit - 8: Introduction to Active Server Pages (ASP.Net)
Unit - 9: Web Hosting and Maintenance Techniques
Fee And Duration
6 Months (Weekdays)
9 Months (Weekends)
Rs. 39000/= (Payable in Installments)