Diploma in Quantity Surveying
To create an opportunity to gain a Diploma in Quantity Surveying along with knowledge in Practical skills and Management techniques.
For the participants to enhance their breadth and depth of knowledge and qualifications in Quantity Surveying.
Understanding of management techniques, principles and thinking is invaluable for the student to progress to senior roles within the construction industry.
The Diploma in Quantity Surveying emphasis on the Economic, Legal, Financial and Managerial theories and techniques of the construction process for the student to obtain an in-depth knowledge in these sectors.
Syllabus / Content
- Semester 1
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Drawing
- Basic Building Measurements
- Civil Engineering Technology-machinery
- Information Technology
- Semester 2
- Civil Engineering Measurements
- Building Technology
- Building Economics
- Contract law and Dispute resolution
- Semester 3
- Building Services
- Tendering and Estimating
- Construction Project Management
- Quantity Surveying Project
Participants must satisfy any one of the following entry criteria:
* Two passes at A/L in Mathematics stream or Bio stream or commerce stream or Technology Stream
*Sat for G.C.E A/L in Mathematics stream or Bio stream or commerce stream or Technology Stream and GCE O/L with five credits including maths and English
* G.C.E O/L with a credit for Mathematics and English with 1 year of working experience in a relevant field
* Successfully completed an advanced certificate in Quantity Surveying or a related field (SLQF level 2, NVQ level 4) offered by a recognized institute.
* Any other qualification accepted by the interviewing pane
Fee & Funding
Student loan facilities are available from BOC, NSB & NDB banks.
Send us an inquiry to ask about payment plans and loan facilities.
One of our team will contact you shortly.
Lectures / Assignments / Tutorial Sessions / Demonstrations and Practical Sessions.
Lectures & Practicals
09.00 am - 04.00 pm