Diploma In Computing & Network Engineering (Dip.CNEng)
Aim of the Course
The aim of this course is to provide students with up to-date theoretical knowledge and practical skills on assembling computers, setting up and configuring networks, installation of operating systems and other relevant software together with troubleshooting and maintenance procedures.
The key Objective of this course is to establish Computer Hardware Technicians and Network administrators who are capable of configuring computer system/ network for usage starting from identifying customer requirements through giving a lifelong service to a customer.
Course is designed for few target groups such as; relevant undergraduates to provide practical aspects of Computer Systems and Networks, job seekers to enter into the job market as computer technicians, network technicians & related, as a step in stone for school leavers to enter into higher studies in computer systems and network engineering and for those who are in the business of computer systems & network engineering to provide them with necessary knowledge and basic skills.
The learning outcomes of the programme are;
- Understand the evolution of Computer Systems and the use of a Personal Computer in a network environment;
- Understand the main components of a Personal Computer System and how they are integrated to work as a system;
- Assemble, disassemble, configure & install system software in a Personal Computer and maintain a Personal Computer System;
- Compare and contrast the features of peripheral devices and internal memory units of a Computer System;
- Configure & install a basic network of personal computers;
- Understand at a broader level the theoretical and practical aspects of commonly used Networking Applications in Sri Lanka and abroad including the Internet and mobile computing;
- Understand the theoretical and practical aspects of using a Personal Computer in standalone mode and as a networked personal computer;
- Understand at a broader level – networking as a service, virtual private network, cloud computing etc.
Unit - 1: Introduction to Computer & Network Technology
Unit - 2: Technical Features of a Computer
Unit - 3: Process of Disassembling and Assembling of a PC
Unit - 4: Installation & Configuring System Software in a PC
Unit - 5: Troubleshooting, Repair & Maintenance of a PC
Unit - 6: Networking Configuration & Introduction to Basic PC Network
Unit - 7: Networked Applications using Internet
Unit - 8: Mobile Computing Environment
Fee And Duration
6 Months (Weekdays)
9 Months (Weekends)
LKR 30000/= (Payable in Installments)