Certificate in Services Marketing (CSM)
The transformation of the economy towards the service sector can be witnessed globally as well as locally. This transformation has impacted both consumers and organizations in numerous ways. As consumers, much of our consumption choices are made on services such as retail banking, visiting a supermarket or restaurant, going on holiday, medical services, transportation, visiting immigration consultants, travel agents or hairdressers, higher education and many more. Secondly, we may be managing a service organization which may be challenging due to the inherent characteristics of services. Thirdly, even if we are not marketing a service, we definitely have to market the business through services, irrespective of the industry. Therefore, understating the unique nature of services, concepts and strategies unique to services will provide numerous benefits to both customers and organizations.
Based on the above observations, this course is designed to introduce the changing nature of the services marketing environment, concepts and strategies unique to service businesses and provide skills to manage services efficiently and effectively. Thus, the course contains three modules: Introduction to Services Marketing, Building Services Strategy and Uplifting the Services Culture.
The duration of this course is 3 months and is ideal for those who are working in or managing service organizations in either a B2B or B2C setting. It is also designed for organisations who wish to enhance their customer value through services and anyone who aspires to be a Marketer to acquire both a conceptual and practical knowledge of Services Marketing.
- To be able to grasp and explain the nature and scope of Services Marketing
- To be able to identify the characteristics, problems and challenges faced by Services Marketing professionals and to develop strategies to increase the customer’s perception of satisfaction, service quality and value
- To equip Marketers with the skills to identify the unique challenges of services in order to ensure service excellence
- To develop strategies to both ‘market services’ and ‘market through services’
- To be able to implement state of the art Service Management thinking and promote a service oriented mind-set
- Customer focused sales and marketing professionals
- Services marketing based job seekers
- Industry Professionals interested in trend setting in services markets with comprehensive analysis of customer data to make strategic decisions
- Services Marketing managers and professionals who interact directly and indirectly with customers
- Tangible and intangible product development professionals transforming satisfied customers to delighted and overwhelmed customers.
- The only Services Marketing course in Sri Lanka
- Targeted heavily on services organizations and even services departments of product organizations
- A minimum of 16 years of age with a professional aspiration (After completing O/Ls)
- A good knowledge of the English language