Certificate in PC Hardware Engineering
This programme aims to provide aspiring hardware technicians with a versatile knowledge in the computer hardware field. For practical sessions, a separate lab is provided to enable students to get hands-on training on assembling and disassembling different types of PCs, Troubleshooting, Formatting, installing and configuring Windows XP, Windows 2008 server, Windows 7 & Linux, etc.
Main objective of this course is to develop Computer Hardware Technicians who are capable of configuring computer systems for usage starting from identifying customer requirements through to giving a lifelong service to the customer.
- Ideally for those that wish to receive a complete and comprehensive knowledge about maintaining PC hardware and software configurations.
- The Total Computer System
- Introduction to PC Hardware
- Identify Hardware Components
- Motherboard Components & Bus Architecture
- The CPU Evolution & Architecture
- Types of RAM
- Identifying different types of Expansion cards
- Assembling and Disassembling of Different Types of PC’s
- Hard disk architecture
- Preparing the Hard disk drive to Install System Software
- Installing and Configuring Windows XP, Windows 2008, Windows 7 & Linux
- Troubleshooting & Maintenance
2 Months / 30 Hours
Class room and interactive and hands on particles
Written and practical exam
Installment 1: 6,000/=
Installment 2: 4,000/=