Certificate Course in Computer Science ( CCS )
( CCS )
- The course provides an understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- The course helps students to decide whether to pursue higher studies in Computer Science.
- It also provides basic computer skills for work in Business Systems.
Syllabus / Content
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Number Systems and Computer Arithmetic
- Binary, Octal and Hexadecimal number systems
- Conversions between number systems
- Binary arithmetic
- Data Representations
- Data and Information
- Quantitative Data: Two's Complement, IEEE floating point representations
- Qualitative Data: ASCII, EBCDIC and Unicode
- System Software
- MS DOS, MS Windows, Open Source Operating Systems
- Advance features of operating systems
- Computer Applications
- MS Word.
- MS PowerPoint.
- MS Excel.
- MS Access.
- Computer Architecture and Hardware
- Hardware vs. Software
- Major Hardware components of a Computer
- Assembling, Disassembling and troubleshooting
- Low Level Programming
- Computer Networking and Internet Technologies
- Basics of computer communication
- Network topologies and IP addressing
- Internet, email and world wide web
- Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML)
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Computer Programming
- Problem solving Algorithms
- C Programming
- VB.net Programming
- Database Design and Development
- Database management systems and database design process
- Structured Query language(SQL)
- Concepts in Digital Electronics
- Boolean Operations, Identities and Simplifications
- Logic Gates, Circuits and Circuit design
- Multimedia & Hypermedia Technologies
- Basic concepts of Multimedia
- Introduction to multimedia tools
Sat for GCE O/L or A/L.
Fee & Funding
LKR 35,000/- + LKR 1,000/-(Reg)
Lectures / Practicals / Assignments and Evaluation Test.
Ms.R L De Zoysa
Lectures & Practicals
From 0830 to 1630, Practicals: 2 hours per Week