Certificate Course in Computer Programming ( CCP )
- This is a 4 months, instructor-led course which introduces students to computer programming. Students will learn the fundamental concepts and terminology of software application development and develop skills in designing and writing simple to advanced computer programs.
- The course assumes no programming background and provides an overview of the software development process in addition to introducing important programming constructs and methodologies.
- The course covers such topics as programming language characteristics, integrated development environments, variables, operators, conditional statements, control structures, procedures, exception handling debugging, object-oriented programming techniques, user interface design.
Syllabus / Content
- COMPUTER PROGRAMMING FUNDAMENTALS
- Problem-solving process
- Algorithmic problem solving approach
- Program translation and execution
- Integrated Development Environments (IDE)
- Lexical elements of a programming language
- Control structures
- Libraries and services
- Data Structures
- File Handling
- DATABASE DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Introduction to DBMS
- ER Models
- Entity Relationship Diagrams
- Data Normalization
- Database Implementation
- Query Languages
- OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING
- Introduction to object oriented programming
- Classes and objects
- Working with files
- GUI PROGRAMMING
- Getting Started
- Understanding GUI Fundamentals
- Exception Handling
- Design Windows Form Applications
- ADO.NET to Access Data
- Crystal Reports with GUI
- Creating Install Shield Project
- G.C.E (O/L) or G C E (A/L) with basic familiarity with using a computer.
- This course is appropriate for:
- Individuals who are contemplating a career in software development and who wish to understand the fundamentals of computer programming.
- Professionals, such as managers and technical sales people, who must understand programming concepts and be able to communicate with software developers.
- End-users, who want to understand advanced programming.
Fee & Funding
Lectures / Practicals
Separate Computer for each Participant
Mr.T S P Weerasinghe
Lectures & Practicals