BTEC HND in Quantity Surveying & Construction Cost Management
A Quantity Surveyor (QS) or Cost Engineer is a professional within the construction industry. Their main role is to manage and control costs of construction projects using a range of management and technical tools to achieve this purpose. A recognized qualification in Quantity Surveying leads to other specialist areas such as value management, dispute resolution, arbitration, insurance and many related areas in the industry.
BTEC HND programmes deliver a specialist vocational programme, along with professional body requirements and national occupation standards. There is significancy emphasis placed on work-related experience.
HND holders can then progress on to the Second year or Final year of an hours degree programme, given that the HND units match those required by the degree programme.
- Quantity Surveying Practice
- Material Technology in Quantity Surveying
- Construction Technology in Quantity Surveying
- Managements Principles & Application for Construction and the Built Environment
- Group Project in the Construction Industry
- Health Safety and Welfare for Construction and the Built Environment
- Law & Contract for Construction and the Built Environment
- Contractual Procedures and Procurement for Construction and the Built Environment
- Economics for Construction and the Built Environment
- Measurement Process in Construction
- Advanced Measurement in Construction
- Measuring, Tendering and Estimating for Construction and the Built Environment
- IT Applications for Construction
- Research Project
- Work-based Learning and Assessment in Construction and the Built Environment
- Workplace Communication Management
- Team Management
- Minimum 2 GCE Advanced Level passes in any stream or relevant industry experience
- Pass in GCE O/L English
March/ July/ November