BTEC HND In Computing (General)
Aim of the Course
BTEC Higher Nationals offer a strong emphasis on practical skills development along with the development of essential knowledge and understanding in Computing.
Pearson BTEC Higher National qualification in Computing are work-related qualifications for students taking their first steps into employment, or for those already in employment and seeking career development opportunities.
The Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Business (RQF) is a qualification with a minimum of 240 credits.
Students who complete this Level 5 qualification, are able to register for a Top-Up (final year) Computing degree at IDM.
Furthermore, this qualification is accepted by more than 300 Universities around the world, for entry in to the final year of a Computing Degree programme.
The objectives of the Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals in Computing are as follows:
- To equip students with computing skills, knowledge and the understanding necessary to achieve high performance in the global computing environment.
- To provide education and training for a range of careers in computing, including network engineering, software engineering, data analytics, security, intelligent systems, and applications development.
- To provide insight and understanding into international computing operations and the opportunities and challenges presented by a globalised market place.
- To equip students with knowledge and understanding of culturally diverse organisations, cross-cultural issues, diversity and values.
- To provide opportunities for students to enter or progress in employment in computing, or progress to higher education qualifications such as an Honours degree in computing or a related area.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop the skills, techniques and personal attributes essential for successful working lives.
- To provide opportunities for those students with a global outlook to aspire to international career pathways.
- To provide opportunities for students to achieve a nationally recognised professional qualification.
- To provide opportunities for students to achieve vendor accredited certifications.
- To offer students the chance of career progression in their chosen field.
- To allow flexibility of study and to meet local or specialist needs.
- To offer a balance between employability skills and the knowledge essential for students with entrepreneurial, employment or academic aspirations.
Module - 1: Programming (15 Credits)
Module - 2: Networking (15 Credits)
Module - 3: Professional Practice (15 Credits)
Module - 4: Database Design & Development (15 Credits)
Module - 5: Security (15 Credits)
Module - 6: Managing a Successful Computing Project (15 Credits)
Module - 7: Strategic Information Systems (15 Credits)
Module - 8: Computer Systems Architecture (15 Credits)
Module - 9: Computing Research Project (30 Credits)
Module - 10: Business Intelligence (15 Credits)
Module - 11: Cloud Computing (15 Credits)
Module - 12: Data Structures & Algorithms (15 Credits)
Module - 13: Advance Programming (15 Credits)
Module - 14: Information Security Management (15 Credits)
Module - 15: Application Development (15 Credits)
Fee And Duration
Rs. 260,000/- + Pearson Fee