BTEC HND in Civil Engineering
The BTEC HND in Civil Engineering is ideally suited for those seeking entry into the engineering profession as an engineering technician or who are keen in further pursing studies at tertiary level. This BTEC HND focuses on the development of skills and knowledge required to gain employment within civil engineering related industries where analytical, industrial laboratory and/or fieldwork skills application is also necessary. Our students are trained to be technically competent problem solvers and team workers.
BTEC HND programmes deliver a specialist vocational programme, along with professional body requirements and national occupation standards. There is significancy emphasis placed on work-related experience.
HND holders can then progress on to the Second year or Final year of an hours degree programme, given that the HND units match those required by the degree programme.
- Individual Project
- Construction Technology
- Science & Materials
- Construction Practice & Management
- Mathematics for Construction
- Construction Information (Drawing, Detailing, Specification)
- Principles of Structural Design
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Group Project
- Further Mathematics for Construction
- Geotechnics and Soil Mechanics
- Advanced Structural Design
- Highway Engineering
- Advanced Surveying & Measurement
- Personal Professional Development
- Minimum 2 GCE Advanced Level passes in any stream or relevant industry experience
- Pass in GCE O/L English
Full Time : 18 months
Part Time : 24 months
March/ July/ November