BTEC HND in Building Services Engineering – Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning
The Building Services Engineering team is responsible for giving life to a structure. This team handles the design installation, operation and monitoring of the mechanical systems needed to maintain safe, comfortable and environmentally friendly functional spaces within the buildings. This includes installation and monitoring of Heating, Ventilation & Air- Conditioning. Building Services Engineers also ensure that buildings are energy efficient in their function. The demand for building services has grown exponentially owing to the growing standards of construction projects.
BTEC HND programmes deliver a specialist vocational programme, along with professional body requirements and national occupation standards. There is significancy emphasis placed on work-related experience.
HND holders can progress on to the Second year or Final year of an hours degree programme, given that the HND units match those required by the degree programme.
- Individual Project
- Construction Technology
- Science & Materials
- Construction Practice & Management
- Mathematics for Construction
- Principles of Heating Services Design & Installation
- Principles of Ventilation & Air- conditioning Design & Installation
- Principles of Public Health Engineering
- Group Project
- Further Mathematics for Construction
- Advanced Heating, Ventilation & Air-conditioning Design & Installation
- Building Management Systems
- Maintenance & Operations
- Alternative Energy Systems Design and Installation
- Personal Professional Development
Minimum 2 GCE Advanced Level passes in any stream or relevant industry experience.
Full Time : 18 months
Part Time : 24 months