BTEC HND in Biomedical Science
Higher National Diploma popularly known as BTEC HND is a flagship qualification of Edexcel . HNDs are offered in over 9 major disciplines. These are 16 Unit qualifications and can be completed though approved centres of Edexcel .
It is a Pre-degree or Vocational Qualification awarded by Edexcel of UK. Successful completion of this BTEC HND from Edexcel guarantees a placement in either second or third year in any university or college in the UK or elsewhere.
- Ready admission to any University in UK or elsewhere
- Recognition by professional bodies
- Continuous assessment through practical activities and assignments
- Modular Qualification Structure which means successful achievement of individual modules to be recognized as building towards the whole qualification
- Development of transferable skills
- Quality assured programme of study
- Recognition of previous experience
- An internationally recognized qualification at all levels of ability
One of the three major awarding bodies in UK , it is a vital and innovative force in education and training. Edexcel was formed in 1996 by the merger of two of the leading examination and assessment boards in the UK : the Business and Technology Council (BTEC) which offered widely recognised vocational qualifications and, the University of London Examinations and Assessment Council (ULEAC).
This amalgamation made Edexcel the first awarding body for both academic and vocational qualifications.
|In United Kingdom||In Sri Lanka|
GCE A/L with Acceptable score in IELTS/ TOEFL Cumbersome and strict visa procedures
Only £ 2800 (Approximately Rs . 500,000.00)
- En effective English Syllabus has been incorporated
- You can rest assured of obtaining the visa for any country (UK, Canada , Australia or New Zealand) presenting admission documents of a university for BSc
- You can self-finance your degree education as you will land a job there with your BTEC HND awarded in Sri Lanka for a handsome salary
- Well Qualified academic with experience
- Fully air conditioned and a better environment
- Easy payment system to suit your needs
It is 16 modules- 4 semester programme. To receive HND, the student should complete all 16modules successfully.
BTEC HND in Biomedical Science
Biomedical Science examines the use of biological applications in the fields of medicine. It gives the knowledge about application of biological science in vast areas and it includes the application of new technology for disease diagnosis, developing new medicines and other technical knowledge which requires in many of the medical and industrial researches. It provides the students with the practical knowledge which is much require and related in the field with the appropriate theoretical knowledge.
Year 1: Semester 1:
- Cell Biology
- Human Physiology
- Laboratory techniques
Year 1: Semester 2
- Molecular Biology & Genetics
- Medical Microbiology
- Chemistry for Biology
- Analysis of Scientific Information& Data
Year 2: Semester 3:
- Pathology laboratory Management
- Clinical Chemistry
- Infectious disease
Year 2: Semester 4:
- Histology &Hematology
- Quality assurance & Quality Control
The focus of HND is on practical knowledge; all units are evaluated through continuous assignments and assessments, projects built into the programme and tests for authentication of knowledge gained.
Tests and assignments are set up and evaluated by BCAS (approved centres of Edexcel ) within the framework provided by Edexcel . It is done not only to evaluate the Academic skills of the candidates but also incorporate the necessary arrangements to evaluate the ability and achievement of the common skills areas of the students. Common skills are an integral part of Edexcel philosophy.
- Three simple passes at GCE (A/L) in the Biology scheme including Credit Pass in English at GCE (O/L)
At the end of successful completion of all units you will be awarded (Conditions apply) with BTEC Higher National Diploma in Biomedical Science from Edexcel UK .
If the students complete only part of the programme , then he/she will be awarded with Higher National certificate (completing minimum 10 modules, conditions apply)