BTEC HND in Architectural Technology
BTEC HND programmes deliver a specialist vocational programme, along with professional body requirements and national occupation standards. There is significancy emphasis placed on work-related experience.
The Architectural Technology program prepares you for a variety of careers in the construction industry. Using software application, you learn to prepare designs and construction drawings for residential, commercial, industrial and multi-use buildings. Through this BTEC HND, you also learn about Building materials, Construction methods, building codes, Contracts, Specifications and the business environment for providing design and construction services based on the emergent demand of the construction industry.
HND holders can progress on to the Second year or Final year of an hours degree programme, given that the HND units match those required by the degree programme.
- Individual Project
- Construction Technology
- Science & Materials
- Construction Practice & Management
- Legal & Statutory Responsibilities in Construction
- Construction Information (Drawing, Detailing, Specification)
- Surveying, Measuring & Setting-out
- Principles of Public Health Engineering
- Group Project
- Contracts & Management
- Advanced Construction Drawing & Detailing
- Construction Technology for Complex Building Projects
- Environmental Assessment & Monitoring
- Construction Data Management
- Personal Professional Development
- Minimum 2 GCE Advanced Level passes in any stream or relevant industry experience
- Pass in GCE O/L English
Full Time : 18 months
Part Time : 24 months