BTEC HND Building Services Engineering – Electrical
The Building Services Engineering team is responsible for giving life to a structure. This team handles the design installation, operation and monitoring of the mechanical and electrical systems needed to maintain safe, comfortable and environmentally friendly functional spaces within the buildings. This includes supply and installation of electricity, air-conditioning, ventilation, transport (elevators, escalators etc.), fire prevention and detection, CCTV and alarms. Electrical Engineers also ensure that buildings are energy efficient in their function.
BTEC HND programmes deliver a specialist vocational programme, along with professional body requirements and national occupation standards. There is significancy emphasis placed on work-related experience.
HND holders can progress on to the Second year or Final year of an hours degree programme, given that the HND units match those required by the degree programme.
- Individual Project
- Construction Technology
- Science & Materials
- Construction Practice & Management
- Mathematics for Construction
- Principles of Heating Services Design & Installation
- Principles of Ventilation & Air conditioning Design & Installation
- Principles of Electrical Design & Installation
- Group Project
- Further Mathematics for Construction
- Building Management Systems
- Advanced Electrical Design & Installation
- Alternative Energy Systems Design and Installation
- Maintenance & Operations
- Personal Professional Development
- Minimum 2 GCE Advanced Level passes in any stream or relevant industry experience
- Pass in GCE O/L English
Full Time : 18 months
Part Time : 24 months