BSc in Biotechnology
Overview of the Degree Programm
Duration : 4 Years
Credits : 120
Institution : A-STATE UNIVERSITY
Mode of Study : Full Time
Type of award : BSc. (Hons.)
Those organisms may be as simple as yeast or as complex as cells, genes, bacteria or DNA. By combining cellular and bio-molecular processes, we can develop technologies and products that help improve our lives and the health of our planet. Modern biotechnology provides breakthrough products and technologies to combat debilitating and rare diseases, reduce our environmental footprint, feed the hungry, use less and cleaner energy, and have safer, cleaner and more efficient industrial manufacturing processes.
The Course has a strong focus on the business skills that are crucial to the commercialization of biotechnology, including intellectual property, enterprise management and marketing and it is taught by lecturers who are also successful researchers in an industry that is constantly evolving. The course has strong support from the biotechnology industry.
The minimum entry requirement.
2 Credit Passes & 1 Simple Pass at ALs.
Proof of English Proficiency
- TOEFL - Paper-Based 500 / Internet-Based 61
- IELTS - Academic 5.5
- PTE - Pearson Test of English Academic 43
- iTEP Academic - 3.7 or higher
- Completing the required level of a CEA
- Accredited ESL program
Obtaining a minimum of 60% in English at X and XII in Certificate in India and Pakistan High School Graduate from USA, UK, Canada (except Quebec), Australia, and New Zealand.
* English proficiency requirement may be waived for countries whose official language is English.
Future After the Degree
The career options are expanding rapidly for Biotechnology graduates. Advances in genetic engineering, protein engineering, cell culture and molecular biology have generated a virtually unlimited potential for altering the capabilities of living systems, greatly expanding the scope of biotechnology, generating new applications for biological products and allowing a previously unprecedented ability to control life processes.
- Agricultural, environmental, chemical, food processing, pharmaceutical, cosmetics and waste management industries
- Beverage and food production
- Biotechnology, medical and agricultural industries
- Government and research establishments
- In a range of public and private diagnostic, therapeutic and research laboratories covering microbiology, hematology, bioremediation, immunology, forensic science, crop development, pest control, animal production, veterinary services, molecular biology and protein engineering
- Medical and veterinary science service industries
- Intellectual Property
- Suppliers to the Biotechnology Industry