Bachelor of Nursing – Deakin University – Australia
If you are an IIHS Advanced Diploma of Nursing graduate and eligible for registration in Sri Lanka, you can now fast track your career with a Bachelor of Nursing at Deakin. Deakin recognizes your study at IIHS and provides Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) towards your Deakin nursing degree; by completing six subjects over two trimesters you will be eligible to apply to register as a nurse in Australia.
- G.C.E A/L– 3 passes in any stream or a recognized Foundation Programme.
- IELTS overall score of 7 with no individual band score less than 7 (or equivalent) the final year at Deakin *.Applicants who do not meet this requirement are able to undertake English Language courses at our Language Centre
Advantages of Deakin & IIHS Collaboration
- Save AUD 80,000on tuition fee and living cost by studying 3 years in Sri Lanka
- Professional recognition –On completion of the degree you will be eligible for registration as a Division 1 Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and eligible to apply for registration with interstate and international nurses boards.
- Strong Industry partnerships -Deakin has partnerships with major private and public hospitals and clinics across Victoria
- Excellent teaching and learning practices
- Combine your degree with another – You can combine nursing studies with midwifery, public health and health promotion and psychology (applied science) for even greater employment outcomes.
What will I earn as a Nurse?
In 2010 the average starting salary for a graduate nurse in full-time work is $45 000.
This starting salary does not include additional shift allowances such as late shifts or weekend shifts, which increase salary. Salaries range between $45 000 to $120 000 plus depending on your experience, qualifications and chosen work area