Bachelor of Education in Physical Science (Hons)
Overview of the Degree
The Bachelor of Education (Honours) programme has been developed to produce competent, committed and dedicated teachers who are much needed for Bachelor of Education in Physical Sciences (Hons) Degree programme has been developed to produce OL and AL Mathematics and Physics teachers for the Public and International schools.
This Degree program has been jointly developed by Education experts from Horizon Campus in consultation with experts from National Institute of Education and subject specific Professors from academia and industry.
The programme which is accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education, Sri Lanka and offered by the Horizon Campus consists of Mathematics, Physics and Professional & General Education components, along with field practicum.
Those who successfully complete the degree programme will be awarded the Bachelor of Education in Biological Sciences (Hons) Degree.
Duration : 4 years full-time
Tuition Fee :Tuition fee: Rs. 800,000.00
Fees payable through the Government Interest Free Student Loan Scheme.
- Students can pay tuition fees through the Government Interest Free Loan Scheme. [Ministry ofHigher Education & Highways]
- Students do not need to repay loan during the 4 year study period (2018-2022) and the first year after graduation (2023).
- Loan repayment will start only in the 6th year through 12th year (2024-2030)
- Approximate Monthly Instalment in 2024 is Rs.9523.80
Level :Honours Degree. SLQF Level 6
Approval status : This course is approved by the Ministry of Higher Education, Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka Qualification Framework (SLQF) recognition
The award conferred upon completion is recognised in the SLQF at Level 6.
Entry Criteria will be as per the Ministry of Education Circular # 2016/13.
An applicant who has the following qualifications will be admitted to the B.Ed (Honours) in Physical Science Degree program.
Minimum of three Passes in subjects in Physical Science/Mathematics stream at G.C.E ALs in one and the same sitting including any one subject from Higher Mathematics/Combined Mathematics and Physics or Chemistry including three subjects from the following subjects;
- Combined mathematics
- Higher Mathematics
- OL/AL Mathematics & Physics Teacher at Government, Private or International schools
- Sectional Head
- School Principal
Further study options
- Master of Education
- Master of Educational Leadership & Management
- MPhil/PhD studies in Education