Bachelor of Education in English (Hons)
Overview of the Degree
Bachelor of Education in English (Hons) Degree programme has been developed to produce OL and AL English and English Literature teachers for the Public and International schools.
The course outline of this Degree program has been jointly developed by Education experts from Horizon Campus in consultation with experts from National Institute of Education and Subject Specific Professors from academia and industry.
The programme which is accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education, Sri Lanka and offered by the Horizon Campus consists of English and Professional & General Education components, along with field practicum.
Those who successfully complete the degree programme will be awarded the Bachelor of Education in English (Hons) Degree. Degrees accredited by the MOHE are considered as eligible to join Sri Lanka Teacher Service as Class 2 – Grade II. For more details.
Duration : 4 years full-time
Tuition Fee :Tuition fee: Rs. 800,000.00
Fees payable through the Government Interest Free Student Loan Scheme.
- Students are also eligible to obtain a further Interest free Stipend Loan up to Rs. 300,000.00 for their transport and accommodation needs
- Maximum Loan Amount obtainable for Tuition fees and Stipend is Rs 1,100,000.00
- Students can pay tuition fees through the Government Interest Free Loan Scheme
- Students do not need to repay loan during the 4 year study period (2018-2022) and the first year after graduation (2023)
- Loan repayment will start only in the 6th year and can be paid through 6-12th year (2024-2030)
- Approximate Monthly Instalment for a loan amount of Rs. 800,000.00 in 2024 is Rs.9523.80
Level :Honours Degree. SLQF Level 6
Approval status : This course is accredited and approved by the Ministry of Higher Education, Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka Qualification Framework (SLQF) recognition
The award conferred upon completion is recognized in the SLQF at Level 6.
Entry Criteria will be as per the Ministry of Education Circular # 13/2016.
An applicant who has the following qualifications will be admitted to the B.Ed (Honours) in English Degree program.
Minimum of three Passes including English as a subject and any other two subjects at G.C.E Advanced Level Examination in one and the same sitting.
Graduate OL/AL English and English Literature Teacher at Government, Private or International schools:
- Sectional Head
- School Principal
Further study options
- Master of Education
- Master of Educational Leadership & Management MPhil / PhD studies in Education