Bachelor of Education
Overview of the Degree
The Bachelor of Education programme has been developed to produce competent, committed and dedicated teachers who are much needed for both public and private sector schools in Sri Lanka. The programme which is approved by the Ministry of Higher Education, Sri Lanka and offered by the Horizon Campus consists of professional and general components along with field practicum.
Duration : 4 years full-time or part-time equivalent
Credit: 120 (SLQF Level 6)
Tuition Fee :Tuition fee: Rs. 800,000.00
Fees payable through the Government Interest Free Student Loan Scheme.
- Students can pay tuition fees through the Government Interest Free Loan Scheme. [Ministry ofHigher Education & Highways]
- Students do not need to repay loan during the 4 year study period (2018-2022) and the first year after graduation (2023).
- Loan repayment will start only in the 6th year through 12th year (2024-2030)
- Approximate Monthly Instalment in 2024 is Rs.9523.80
Approval status : This course is approved by the Ministry of Higher Education, Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka Qualification Framework (SLQF) recognition
The award conferred upon completion is recognised in the SLQF at Level 6.
Minimum of three passes in GCE ALs in any stream.
In year 1 & 2, there are Elective Modules in which the students will have to choose one module per year. The student should have passed the particular elective subject at the GCE (A/L) examination.
However, to follow English as Elective a B pass in English at GCE (O/L) will be sufficient.
Progress to further study at post graduate level in Education and Teaching Graduate Teacher at Government, Private or International schools
- Sectional Head
- School Principal
Further study options
- Master of Education
- Master of Educational Leadership & Management MPhil/PhD studies in Education