Advanced Certificate In Fashion Design
To introduce a participant to the fashion industry, fashion concepts, fashion trends and train them to take the entry level positions in the industry.
Syllabus / Content
- Introduction to the fashion business, the role of a designer and process of fashion designing
- Research and interpret on going fashion trends, visual research
- Conduct store walks and analyze garments for fabrication, cut, detailing, finishes and manufacturing processes.
- Collect all research data into a design journal/visual diary / sketchbook.
- Drawing mark making exercises, deconstructing and design development.
- Collating appropriate fabrics, Basic knowledge on fabric types, and fabric development techniques
- Mood boards and color
- Alter design features on basic styles to create new designs
- Create basic manual patterns for basic garments
- Explore garment making techniques and produce samples
Students who has completed GCE (O/L) and/or GCE (A/L) and willing to seek a position in the fashion industry
Fee & Funding
Assignments - 40% (Continuous Assessment) and Final Project/Examination – 60%
Lectures & Practicals
Wednesdays(9 am-4 pm)